Creating better candidate engagement with engineering communities to identify hard to find talent for a growing Fintech organisation
PensionBee is a web and mobile application which allows it’s customers to collate their pensions from previous and current employers into an easy to manage plan. They plan to disrupt the pensions industry. They offer financial freedom and education about pensions, offering a socially responsible approach to the industry. PensionBee wanted to roll out automation across their platforms and improve the application as a whole.
To achieve their goals, PensionBee engaged with SyncD to make 10+ hires across their digial team over a 6 month period. The business did not have a full time recruitment function so required complete ownership including establishing processes and ways of working.
- Full ownership technical hiring.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to drive changes in hiring processes.
- Deliver other hiring needs including Head of Data and a Head of UX.
- Work closely with design and marketing teams to help grow the company’s employer branding.
The SyncD team met with all stakeholders including HR and interview panelists to understand their requirements and identify areas of improvement to establish what changes were needed before commencing the project.
During the first week we implemented a discovery strategy to understand what was working well and what changes we could propose to the business for sign off. Adopting those changes, we set out a hiring plan for each discipline with key metrics and timelines to give the business a roadmap of the sourcing strategy.
Once up and running we identifid further bottle necks in the process and shared those insighs with stakeholders to make changes. Working closely with the hiring managers, CTO and engineering teams we were able to implement a streamlined process resulting in a successful hiring process that resulted in fewer candidate dropping out of the process which was a key metric identified by the business.
Design, Data & Engineering
- 12 permanent placements across Engineering, Data, & UX
- Improved the recruitment process streamlining interview structure consolidating stages which resulted in improved candidate engagement throughout the interview process.
- Reduced engineering hiring times by an average of 6 days
- Worked closely with the design and marketing teams with the creation of a candidate pack, and also more content on socials regarding the employer branding.
2 – 7 Clerkenwell Green