Achieving rapid headcount growth through the development of an effective recruitment strategy and high-performing talent attraction campaign.
Mind Gym is a behavioural science business that uses psychology and professional coaching to help global brands drive positive organisational change. Their goal is to create a suite of innovative online learning products that would enable the business to generate additional revenue streams.
To achieve their goals, Mind Gym engaged with SyncD to help them assemble a digital function from scratch and manage the hiring of 25+ digital and tech professionals across multiple disciplines.
- Support the creation of Mind Gym’s hiring strategy
- Collaborate with their stakeholders to create captivating and engaging job descriptions and associated advertising material
- Hire 25+ digital roles across perm and contract roles
- Upskill existing recruitment team to future digital hiring strategies and requirements
The SyncD team initiated the project by meeting with all key stakeholders, HR and recruitment teams to understand their requirements and develop an appropriate recruitment strategy.
This strategy was then aligned with the latest talent market insights to support the creation of individual role profiles and attraction tactics required to identify suitable candidates for each role.
Through the deployment of an embedded Talent Partner and Account Director, the candidate sourcing phase was kicked off, working in tandem with the digital product team, Head of Product, CTO and design team to review and assess the suitability of candidate shortlists.
This process proved to be highly effective as it considerably increased the pace of the selection process – with hiring managers able to provide almost instant feedback and book interviews directly into their diaries.
Account Director & Talent Partner
Design, Product, Engineering, Marketing & Operations
- 6 freelance hires to enable the launch of the digital transformation programme
- IR35 and payroll compliance achieved through consultations and SyncD’s status determination assessment tool
- 24 permanent hires secured across Design, Product, Engineering, Marketing and Operations (including a CPO and CTO)
- Supported the creation of a new optimised end-to-end remote hiring process
- Introduced a best-practice framework for digital recruitment to give Mind Gym the option to bring the talent function back in-house in the future
Chief Digital Officer
“We could not have stood up a quality team, at the pace we did during the pandemic, without the tremendous contribution from SyncD. They didn’t feel like suppliers but like true partners that were part of our start-up team. From truly understanding the business and candidate requirements to delivering a great candidate experience and following through the process until an offer was accepted, the service was outstanding. They even dispelled some of the common perceptions many of us have about recruiters!”
2 – 7 Clerkenwell Green
SyncD – A Futureheads Company | Registered in England and Wales under the company registration number: 06981893 | Member of APSCo 102390